Pages

15 May 2013

what's for dinner : salmon & broccolli pasta

I normally don't blog about food here.  As I have my own space for all the recipes on my other blog.  But since I am still in two minds about merging my recipes into this blog or not, I thought why not give it a try and have a look!

This recipe is actually for toddler.  I used to make this when my boys were about 2 until 4 years old. But, because mister hubby and I also eat toddler food ( why not, they are yummy and healthy too ) so I modified a bit for this recipe.  Still use the same ingredients only adding garlic + salt + pepper.  I apologize as the photos are not a good quality ones.  I really didn't have time to take picture with my camera so my Iphone did the job.

Ingredients:

20g butter
3 garlic, diced
3 green onions, chopped finely
1 broccoli, roughly chopped
8 tablespoon water
100g spreadable cream cheese
1 can drained red salmon or 2 pieces fresh salmon (if you using fresh salmon, just lightly grilled it first)
200 g pasta

Method:
  1. Heat butter in small saucepan.  Cook garlic, onion, broccol and the water, stirring, until broccoli is tender.
  2. Add cream cheese, cook, stirring until melted.  Stir in salmon. Salt & pepper to taste.
  3. Meanwhile, cook pasta in medium saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender; drain.
  4. Gently toss pasta in a bowl with salmon mixture.  Add Parmesan cheese before serving.




 My boys love it.  We love it too!





2 comments:

Maureen said...

That looks so good! Will have to try it to feed my picky eater boy :D

ohdearria said...

My twin 1 doesn't like fish but if I cook like this way he even had twice! :)