Pages

15 Jan 2013

2012 in words and photos

I guess it's not too late to post this favorites pictures from the last year.  As you know I am not making any resolutions for the new year.  But I am hoping for just three little things :  good health, "something" for my mother that hopefully will be done by this year, and if the situation and condition are allowed a little work for myself out of my mama's job.

Here are the highlights of my 2012 in words:

Between March and April we spent five full weeks on big road trips.  We drove from Western Australia across to Tasmania. Our accommodation varied from B & B, a friend's house, a little cottage, a relative's house, a little shack near the beach and just with our two tents out in the bush. There's something about the joys of a road trip.  Hopping in and out of the car for new experiences, witnessing amazing scenery, and getting a chance to try lots of new food.  Most of the times was pretty good and smooth, but we also had some rough times.  Still we enjoyed our journey and I can't wait for another road trip!

In July I went back to my home town while my husband and the boys went back to his home town.  While I was enjoying a bit of retail therapy, pampering myself,  eating yummy good food and caught up with my friends, they encountered a little farm life style and father and son quality time.

Darwin was our next destination in August! It was also my brother-in-law's 50th birthday, so we had a big celebration at the very nice resort!   It was my second time to Darwin after more than ten years ago.  It was awesome time, we caught up with all our cousins and relatives who also came to wish my brother-in-law a happy 50th!

During school holidays in October, we paid a visit to Sydney where my husband has been working for couple months. I took the Boys to Taronga zoo, Luna park, museums, Sydney tower and did the sky walk during the afternoon while hubby was working.  I also met my cousin who I haven't seen for very long time, more than ten years!  Last time we took the boys to Sydney was when they were 5 years old.

Then came December, a month that just passed, we spent two weeks  altogether for Christmas and New Year in Jakarta and Jogjakarta.  This time I had managed to arrange a trip for us to Kota Tua or Old Batavia.  We had bike riding around the old Batavia, which was fun and very interesting.  Some of the buildings are ruined and I guess haunted.  The old café Batavia is still there and still amazed me! Going to Jogjakarta by train was a fun experience for my boys.  We had pretty good time exploring the culture of Jogjakarta, and of course the famous Borobudur and Prambanan temples are a must to do while in Jogjakarta!

I'd like to begin the new year with good spirit, regular exercise, clean eating, stay healthy and happy! :)

No comments: